Sometimes you just don’t want to talk while you’re riding in an Uber, and usually, you just happen to get that overly chatty driver.
But not the company has launched a new preference in the app that allows you to specify what level of chattiness you desire during an Uber. You’ll be able to select “Quiet Preferred” or “Happy to Chat” if you have a preference, or you could just leave the setting alone on “No Preference.”
These preferences will be available if you hail an Uber Black or Uber Black SUV.
Plus, it’s important to note that you must change the settings before you hail a ride. The preferences cannot be selected as a driver is on the way to pick you up on is in progress.
Fast Company also listed other preferences riders will be able to preselect for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV rides:
- Help with Luggage: Let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: Communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: Riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: Access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: Ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: Expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
Think you’ll be using this on your next ride to the airport?