The Sunday after Thanksgiving. Perfect timing for a early November snow storm, that has already cancelled up to 700 flights.
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Chicago until 9am (CST) Monday, Nov. 26. With heavy snow expected tonight, airlines are reporting cancellations. For real-time info on flights to/from O’Hare, please contact your carrier.
— O’Hare Intl. Airport (@fly2ohare) November 25, 2018
A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Chicago until 9am (CST) Monday, Nov. 26. With heavy snow expected tonight, airlines are reporting cancellations. For real-time info on flights to/from Midway, please contact your carrier.
— Midway Intl. Airport (@fly2midway) November 25, 2018
What can you do about it? Nothing. Nothing except some of the things on this list I call….The Great Stuck-In-Chicago Time Wasters of 2018.
- Drink a shot of Malort.
- If you are at O’Hare, coordinate with a volunteer at Midway. Run a footrace to the Bean and back. Whoever wins gets a free slab of Carson’s ribs.
- Take part in the Romaine Challenge & eat some lettuce. Dodge e-coli….dodge death.
- As you sit on the floor of the airport, play the “I Spy” game. “G” is automatically disqualified, because you will see enough used chewing gum to last four lifetimes.
- Drink some more Malort.
- Choreograph the next Chicago Bears touchdown celebration.
- Adopt a CTA train car when it pulls into the airport. An hour spent cleaning used food wrappers and unknown bodily fluids is quality time spent with your family.
- See how many times you can say “Willis Tower” to a local — before they smack you.
- Start a Netflix marathon on your tablet. Charge people $2 to look over your shoulders. $10 to share one of your headphones. $50 to sit on your lap.
- Just down the bottle of Malort. The only pain you are feeling at this point is travel fatigue.
Got some of your own? Jump on our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and share yours. Thnx. — [eric]