It sound like none of our favorite Chicago events will be happening this summer due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Here is everything that has been officially canceled:
- Chicago SummerDance
- Taste of Chicago
- The Chicago Air and Water Show at North Avenue Beach
- Chicago Jazz Festival in Millennium Park
- the majority of programming at the Chicago Riverwalk, the Chicago Cultural Center and Millennium Park
- Maxwell Street Market through Labor Day
- the Jumping Jack Program
- Other festivals, parades and athletic events – some of which have already been canceled
The biggest of these events being Lollapalooza which brings in around 400,000 people was expected to be canceled, but still actually hearing it hurts.
— Lollapalooza (@lollapalooza) June 9, 2020
Many of these events will be offering reimagined experiences, but honestly will it be the same? NO!
At this point we just have to accept the loss and look forward to next year.